Tuesday, June 23, 2009

The Wedge is Closing

**UPDATE - 06/28/09 - The Wedge is now officially closed***

Jumped on to one of my many social networking sites today and saw the following post by staff at The Wedge:

THE WEDGE WILL BE OPEN FOR ONLY 1 OR 2 MORE WEEKS.....

MY BOSS HAS INFORMED ME THAT WE WILL BE SHUTTING DOWN,HE HOWEVER IS LETTING ME STAY OPEN ONLY FOR DRINKS TILL THE BOOZE IS GONE. PLEASE MAKE THE LAST COUPLE WEEKS OR WEEK AN AMAZING PARTY ....

I'm honestly conflicted about this. On one hand, a small part of me is laughing while screaming "VINDICATION!" Another part of me is sad to see everyone's efforts for that cool little bar go to waste. When I managed the place, I and everyone who worked there tried to make it a place that was worth the drive to deep South City. We stumbled a few times, granted, but we also had some amazing times and amazing shows there. I met my girlfriend there (sort of). I had my first two-day drinking binge there (bad idea). I met some fascinating people there (and some real losers).

So, in the end, color me disappointed with a smirk.

1 comment:

Tom said...

I just heard this too. It was sad to see the rapid decline of a cool spot that had so many wonderful possibilities. In the short time it was open, I had many memorable moments.